*Edited March 3rd- due to unforseen complications, submission deadline will be extended to March 8th, midnight. How did March sneak up on me?*
Exactly one year ago in February of 2008 I decided that the gluten-free blogging community should have an event where we can adopt each other and try and review a recipe posted on a gluten-free blogger’s blog. The response was very positive and I think all participants have enjoyed discovering new gluten-free bloggers and trying new recipes. I know I’ve really enjoyed the push this event has given me to finally try some recipes on my must-try list. As an added bonus, I’ve been able to share gluten-free photos and recipes with you, my readers!
Participation is simple.
1) Pick a gluten-free blogger whose recipes you admire and adopt them by commenting on this post with your name, blog name and their name and blog name.
*Blogger’s recipes must all be gluten-free or have a way to sort and read ONLY gluten-free recipes
*Please pick a different blogger every time you participate
2) Pick one (or two!) of your gluten-free blogger’s recipes to try.
3) Make the recipe, photograph it and write a post in your blog introducing the blogger and their recipe.
*Follow the recipe as written, as closely as possible. And, please don’t print their recipe on your post- just provide your reader a link to their original recipe.
4) Email me at adoptaglutenfreeblogger[at]gmail[dot]com with your photo of the recipe, the URL of your post, name of the recipe and the URL of the original blogger’s recipe post.
*Note: This is a new email set up just for this event. Hopefully this will make it easier to keep track of entries. If you have general questions, please don’t email me at this address but post them here so everyone can read the question (and answer).
5) Post YOUR POST’s URL in a comment to this post, and if possible please try to visit two other blogger’s posts that are posted here (and comment!).
*The goal is to make this event more interactive and fun!
Sign up BEFORE February 25th (loose deadline; late sign-ups are ok)
Post your Review and Email me by March 8th (firm, revised deadline)
If you donâ€™t have a blog, you are still welcome to adopt a gluten-free blogger. Sign up to â€œadoptâ€ a blogger, write a review of one of their recipes, including your name (or pen name), the recipe URL and recipe title. Then take a photo of the completed recipe (if you can) and EMAIL ME the review and photo. Iâ€™ll create a special page just for our non-blogging participants and post it for you.
I’ll start the adoptions by adopting Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl.
Adoption Sign-Up Sheet:
1) Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl (adopted by Sea of Book of Yum)
2) Kelly at The Spunky Coconut-Penne with Tangy Tomato Sauce (adopted by Heather of Life Gluten Free)
3) Jill at Hey, that tastes good (adopted by Emily of Gluten-Free Expedition)
4) A Gluten-Free Guide (adopted by Dave of Gluten-Free Portland)
5) Simply Gluten-Free (Adopted by Karen, the Fab Grandma)
6) Sally (Adopted by Cheryl of GF Goodness)
7) Sea of Book of Yum (Adopted by Alison of Sure Foods Living)
8) You Pick!
If you sign up and cannot complete this event by march 8th for any reason, please email me immediately at adoptaglutenfreeblogger[at]gmail[dot]com and let me know. Please ONLY use this email account for Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger relevant emails… this means NOT you, Spam companies.
Can’t find a blogger to adopt or looking to meet some new gluten-free friends?
Visit my Gluten-Free Blogroll