I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who participated in our first “Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger” event. The turnout was great, and I really enjoyed seeing what recipes everyone picked and learning about some new gluten-free blogs! We will host the next installment of “Adopt-a-gluten-free Blogger” from March 24-April 6, so stay tuned for an opportunity to sign up to adopt your very own blogger. The only restriction is, your blogger MUST blog gluten-free, at least part of the time, and you must adopt someone you did not personally adopted previously (in February). So, start thinking about who you’d like to adopt and get those commenting fingers ready- remember, it’s first come, first pick! If you enjoyed this event and would be interested in hosting future “adopt-a-gluten-free blogger” events, please post or email me. Also, feel free to tell us all about any new recipes or bloggers you discovered through this event in the comments! Thanks for all your beautiful work, everyone!
*If you would like to post a photo with your entry in the roundup, please email me ASAP at seamaiden399[AT]gmail[dot]com. If you haven’t had a chance to post yet, you are welcome to email me in the next few days with your post OR please let me know you’d like to postpone until next month. Thanks!
CLICK On the photo for a larger version of the photo, CLICK On the Blog title (or any green text) to see their blog entries about the blogger!
1) I adopted the Gluten Free Goddess Karina and tried her delicious, elegant Vegan Baked Mac and Cheese. I also eyed her Gluten-Free Sesame Noodles covetously and hope to make them in the near future.
2) Kate at Gluten Free Gobsmacked adopted Natalie, the Gluten Free Mommy and made this gorgeous millet-quinoa bread.
3 )Carol of Simply Gluten Free adopted Carrie from Ginger Lemon Girl and made this amazing pasta-free, gluten-free Cheddar Baked Hominy recipe!
4) Natalie of Gluten Free Mommy adopted Cindalou of Cindalous Kitchen Blues and made this yummy, gooey looking flourless chocolate espresso cake.
5) Childlife from In The Life Of A Child adopted Karen from Only Sometimes Clever and blogged about her amazing Korean Chicken Noodle Soup recipe. Love those mochi dumplings!
6) Carrie, the ginger lemon girl adopted Mrs. G.F. and made these delicious cookies to rave reviews. She also includes a list of the many recipes by Mrs. GF that she’s tried, so check it out!
7) Heather at puff.muffins adopted Ellen from I Am Gluten Free and for her first gluten-free baking experiment ever, made Ellen’s wonderful bagels. Cheers all around!
8 ) Rachel at Wheat free meat free adopted Sheltie Girl of Gluten a Go Go and made her delicious Coca Cola Cake and blogged about it with a photo.
9) Sheltie Girl at Gluten a go go adopted Kate at Gluten Free Gobsmacked and made Kate’s delightful Cheesy Quinoa Crackers (photo on right). Crunchy and fun for the whole family! She also made the dairy free Peanut Butter Granola Bars for her daughter. Looks great!
10) Naomi of Straight into Bed Cakefree and Dried adopted Carol of Simply Gluten Free and made not one but two of Carol’s recipes- one for Spanish mushroom tapas and another recipe for red grapes stuffed with goat cheese. Sounds good to me!
11)Thomas of the GFCF Experience adopted GFCF Mommy and made, not Katherine’s, but her son the Prince’s Southwest King Casserole.
12) Naomi of The Accidental Vegetarian adopted Me from Book of Yum and made my buckwheat crepes but kicked them up a notch (or 20) with a banana foster filling. Mmmm!
6) Naomi of Straight Into Bed Cakefree and Dried [Adopted by BytheBay of Gluten Free By the Bay, postponed for next month.] :)
12) Christian at Stephenâ€™s Recipes [Adopted by Cindalou of Cindalous Kitchen Blues]- that crazy girl is adopting bloggers AND preparing for a PhD exam AND a PhD proposals, so is understandably delayed. We know ALL ABOUT PhD agony so we are crossing our fingers and sending well wishes Cindalou’s way. Next month is just fine, no worries. Those are some seriously extenuating circumstances!
13) Sally at Aprovechar adopted Melissa at Gluten-free for Good
14) Orla of Great Mastications adopted Lyra of The Gluten Free Hippie