Welcome to the September edition of the Adopt a gluten-free Blogger Event! Last month Shirley of Gluten-free Easily hosted a record number of adoptions, to the order of TWENTY participants. The quality of photos, baking and food styling of adopting participants quite frankly blew me away and reminded me again of the amazing talent represented in the gluten-free blogging community. Gluten-free food is GORGEOUS, and I am so proud that this event has been such a success and continues to bring gluten-free bloggers together. Shirley has inspired me to jump back into hosting, and I hope to see all of you commenting and adopting your very own gluten-free bloggers. This is a great excuse to make those gluten-free recipes you’ve been eying- so don’t hold back! Adopt!
Here’s how you participate.
1) Pick a gluten-free blogger whose recipes you admire and adopt them by commenting on this post with your name, blog name and their name and blog name.
*Blogger’s recipes must all be gluten-free or have a way to sort and read ONLY gluten-free recipes
*Please pick a different blogger every time you participate
*Please pick a blogger that has not been adopted yet this month!
2) Pick one (or two!) of your gluten-free blogger’s recipes to try.
3) Make the recipe, photograph it and write a post in your blog introducing the blogger and their recipe.
*Follow the recipe as written, as closely as possible. And, please don’t print their recipe on your post- just provide your reader a link to their original recipe.
*Provide a link to this event announcement page
4) Email me at adoptaglutenfreeblogger[at]gmail[dot]com with your photo of the recipe, the URL of your post, name of the recipe and the URL of the original blogger’s recipe post.
*Note: This is a new email set up just for this event. Hopefully this will make it easier to keep track of entries. If you have general questions, please don’t email me at this address but post them here so everyone can read the question (and answer). Companies are NOT welcome to email me at this address, unless a representative is planning to adopt a blogger and write about it. ;)
5) Post YOUR POST’s URL in a comment to this post, and if possible please try to visit two other blogger’s posts that are posted here (and comment!).
*The goal is to make this event more interactive and fun!
Sign up BEFORE September 28 (loose deadline; late sign-ups are ok)
Post your Review and Email me by October 5 (firm deadline, no foolin’)
If you don’t have a blog, you are still welcome to adopt a gluten-free blogger. Sign up to adopt a blogger, write a review of one of their recipes, including your name (or pen name), the recipe URL and recipe title. Then take a photo of the completed recipe (if you can) and EMAIL ME the review and photo. I will create a special page just for our non-blogging participants and post it for you.
I’ll start the adoptions by adopting Thomas of the GFCF Experience. Sorry ladies! He’s all mine this month!
Adoption Sign-Up Sheet:
1) Thomas of the GFCF Experience (adopted by Sea of the Book of Yum)
2) Sea of the Book of Yum *blush* (adopted by Valerie @ City|Life|Eats)
3) Ricki from Diet, Desserts and Dogs (Adopted by Maggie of She Let Them Eat Cake)
4) Jenny Manseau of Creatively Gluten Free (adopted by Shirley of Gluten-free Easily)
5) Heidi of Adventures of A Gluten Free Mom (adopted by Jenny of Creatively Gluten-free)
6) Allyson of Manifest Vegan (adopted by Deanna of the Mommy Bowl)
7) Shirley of GFE (adopted by Cheryl of GF Goodness)
8) Jeanne of four chickens (adopted by Kathleen of I Made Toast)
9) Amy of simply sugar and gluten free (adopted by Tia of Glugle Gluten Free)
10)Scrumptious at in my box (adopted by Wendy of Celiacs in the House)
11) Maggie from She Let Them Eat Cake (adopted by Amy of simply sugar and gluten free)
12) Ellen at I Am Gluten Free (adopted by Alta of Tasty Eats at Home)
13) Jenn, from Jenn Cuisine (adopted by Kim-Cook It Allergy Free)
14) Karina the gluten free goddess (adopted by selene @veganlicious)
15) Debbie at Gluten Free Adventures (adopted by Thomas of the GFCF Experience)
16) Kate of GF Gobsmacked (adopted by Michelle of Gluten-free Smiles)
17) Brian at fire and salt (adopted by Sheila from my natural gluten-free)
18) wendy from celiacs in the house (adopted by Jamie of cranky little redhead)
19) Jenn of Cinnamon Quill (adopted by Zoe of Z’s Cup of Tea)
20) Nancy of The Sensitive Pantry (adopted by Lisa)
21) Theresa of Gluten-Free Comfort Food (adopted by Debi of HuntersLyonesse)
22) You pick!
If you sign up and cannot complete this event by October 5th for any reason, please email me immediately at adoptaglutenfreeblogger[at]gmail[dot]com and let me know. Please ONLY use this email account for Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger relevant emails.