I’ve been thinking about something for a few weeks now… Some time ago I came across mention of an blog “adoption” event where a blogger would “adopt” another blogger and try one of their recipes and blog both about the blogger and the recipe. Apparently this event is not currently running, but it made me think that it would be really fun to do something similar with the gluten-free blogging community. I have to admit, sometimes I get so caught up in my collection of cookbooks and saved online recipes that I don’t always get around to making the amazing recipes that others are making. And this is truly a shame, because if hadn’t been for other GF bloggers, I would never have tried things like Maki’s Black Bean Burger’s, Erin’s AMAZING baked polenta fries, or Shauna’s avocado ranch dressing, not to mention all the great recipes I’ve gotten from BytheBay’s blog. I’ve made so many of her recipes that I might as well move into her kitchen, for pete’s sake. I know that there are many amazing, really well known GF blogs out there, but in this case it will be less fun if we all pick the same person, so I suggest that we each “adopt” a different GF blogger and stake our claim in the comments to this post. Please post your name (or nickname), the name of your blog, and the name of your adoptee and their blog. Include their URL if you like. I’ll start the ball rolling like this:
I’m Seamaiden, at the Book of Yum, and I’d like to “adopt” Karina, the Gluten-Free Goddess this month because… I love her philosophy, love of life, and artistry, and am a huge fan of both her blog and recipes but somehow haven’t tried as many as I’d like to.
Now I’ve “adopted” Karina for this month, and so other bloggers *sniff* can’t “adopt” her THIS MONTH. (But next month her blog is fair game!) I will write a post sometime in the next two weeks (Deadline: March 9) about Karina, her blog, and a recipe that I tried recently. I think it’s probably best to just link to your adopted blogger’s recipe rather than posting it in your blog. Please follow your chosen blogger’s recipe as printed, making only minor changes for reasons of allergy or veg/non-veg diet.
I’ll keep a running list of bloggers that have been adopted at the bottom of this list. If we get repeats, the blogger who posted their claim earliest “gets” the blogger, and I’ll contact any bloggers who need to pick a new blog. (This is so we can discover the maximum number of GF bloggers and recipes!)
Once you adopt a blogger, you have until the event end date (2 weeks from opening of event- this month until MARCH 9th) to try a recipe and blog about blogger and their recipe. Link back to this event announcement in your post and email me at SEAMAIDEN399[at]gmail[dot]com with your name, blog name, your chosen blogger’s name and blog name, URL of your post about your blogger AND, if possible, a pretty picture you took of their dish that you made. I will do a round-up here after March 9th.
*To be eligible, your blogger must either be a gluten-free blogger OR consistently blog gluten-free recipes with a gluten-free tag for recipes that makes them easy to find. New GF bloggers would be terrific candidates for “adoption.” Recipe must be GF as written by the original poster.*
I’d like this to be a monthly event, and it would be great if we could get volunteers to host future months. The next event period would be from March 24- April 7. If you’d like to host next month, please email me or post in comments. :)
*You don’t have to host recipes at your site to ADOPT someone and blog about their recipes. Also, for those who are adopted- don’t worry! You don’t have to reciprocate and adopt anyone (not even the person who adopted you) unless you want to.. :) It would almost be more fun if people Didn’t automatically adopt the person who adopted them- to maximize the new blogs you get exposed to!
Our Adopted GF Bloggers, for the February 25- March 9th “Adopt a GF Blogger” Event
1) Karina, the Gluten Free Goddess [Adopted by Sea at Book of Yum]
2) Natalie, the Gluten Free Mommy [Adopted by Kate at Gluten-Free Gobsmacked]
3) Ellen from I Am Gluten Free [Adopted by Heather at puff.muffins]
4) Sheltie Girl from Gluten-a-go-go [Adopted by Rachel at Wheat free meat free]
5) Sea from Book of Yum [Adopted by Naomi of The Accidental Vegetarian]
6) Naomi of Straight Into Bed Cakefree and Dried [Adopted by BytheBay of Gluten Free By the Bay]
7) Carol of Simply Gluten Free [Adopted by Naomi of Straight into Bed Cakefree and Dried](postponed for next month)
8 ) Carrie from Ginger Lemon Girl [Adopted by Carol of Simply Gluten Free]
9) Mrs. GF from Gluten free recipes for life [Adopted by Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl]
10) Cindalou of Cindalous Kitchen Blues [Adopted by Natalie of Gluten Free Mommy]
11) Katherine, the gfcf Mommy [Adopted by Thomas of the GFCF Experience]
12) Christian at Stephenâ€™s Recipes [Adopted by Cindalou of Cindalous Kitchen Blues]
13) Melissa at Gluten-free for Good [Adopted by Sally at Aprovechar]
14) Lyra of The Gluten Free Hippie [Adopted by Orla of Great Mastications]
15) Kate at Gluten Free Gobsmacked [Adopted by Sheltie Girl]
16) You pick!