It’s that time again! No, not daylight savings time- it’s time to adopt your very own Gluten-free blogger for the month of March.
Please sign up in the comments with your name (or pen name), the name of your blog, and the name and blog name of your adopted blogger! Then just write a post about your adopted blogger between March 25-April 7(10), having tried one of their recipes and blogged about it. Please follow your chosen blogger’s recipe as printed, making only minor changes for reasons of allergy or veg/non-veg diet. . I think it’s probably best to just link to your adopted blogger’s recipe rather than posting it in your blog. Don’t forget to link back to this blog event in your post, and after you post, EMAIL Me at seamaiden399[at]gmail[dot]com with the URL for your post and an attached PHOTO that you took of the food (very important if you want to be included in the round up!) Here’s my proposed adoption for this month, to start the ball rolling.
I’m Seamaiden, at the Book of Yum, and I’d like to “adopt” Naomi, of the Accidental Vegetarian this month because… I have a big bag of her Better Batter flour in my pantry and I can’t wait to make one of her famous gluten-free recipes for croissants or other goodies that once seemed out of reach for a gluten-free chef.
Now I’ve “adopted” Naomi for this month, and so other bloggers *sniff* can’t “adopt” her THIS MONTH. (But next month her blog is fair game!) I will write a post sometime in the next two weeks (Deadline: April 7) about Naomi, her blog, and a recipe that I tried recently.
I’ll keep a running list of bloggers that have been adopted at the bottom of this list. If we get repeats, the blogger who posted their claim earliest “gets” the blogger, and I’ll contact any bloggers who need to pick a new blog. (This is so we can discover the maximum number of GF bloggers and recipes!)
Once you adopt a blogger, you have until the event end date (2 weeks from opening of event- this month until APRIL 10th (formerly 7th) to try a recipe and blog about blogger and their recipe.
*To be eligible, your blogger must either be a gluten-free blogger OR consistently blog gluten-free recipes with a gluten-free tag for recipes that makes them easy to find. New GF bloggers would be terrific candidates for “adoption.” Recipe must be GF as written by the original poster.*
I’d like this to be a monthly event, and it would be great if we could get volunteers to host future months. The next event period would be from April 28-May 11. If you’d like to host next month, please email me or post in comments. :)
*You don’t have to host recipes at your site to ADOPT someone and blog about their recipes. Also, for those who are adopted- don’t worry! You don’t have to reciprocate and adopt anyone (not even the person who adopted you) unless you want to.. :) It would almost be more fun if people Didn’t automatically adopt the person who adopted them- to maximize the new blogs you get exposed to!
Our Adopted GF Bloggers, for the February 25- March 9th “Adopt a GF Blogger” Event
1) Naomi of the Accidental Vegetarian (adopted by Sea of the Book of Yum)
2) Natalie from Gluten Free Mommy (adopted by Heather at puff.muffins)
3) Jeenaâ€™s Kitchen (adopted by Rachel)
4) Childlife (adopted by Thomas)
5) Carol at Simply Gluten Free (adopted by Karen of Red Sox Fan)
6) Lea at Lea Is Gluten Free (adopted by Carrie)
7) Sea (me!) at this here site, Book of Yum! (Adopted by Kate of Gluten Free Gobsmacked) aww…
8 ) Pig in the Kitchen (Adopted by Lucy)
9) Naomi at Straight into Bed Cakefree and Dried (adopted by Carol at Simply Gluten-Free)
10)Kate at Gluten Free Gobsmacked (adopted by Naomi of The Accidental Vegetarian)
11)Cindalou (adopted by Cheryl)
12) You pick!
Still Pending from last month:
6) Naomi of Straight Into Bed Cakefree and Dried [Adopted by BytheBay of Gluten Free By the Bay, postponed for next month.] :)
12) Christian at Stephenâ€™s Recipes [Adopted by Cindalou of Cindalous Kitchen Blues]
13) Sally at Aprovechar adopted Melissa at Gluten-free for Good
14) Orla of Great Mastications adopted Lyra of The Gluten Free Hippie
Read about how this blog event started
See an Example of an entry for this event.
And check out Our Roundup for last month