Baked Nutritional Yeast Tofu
1 lb. Fat reduced regular tofu, rinsed, and patted dry.
nonfat cooking spray (i use Pam’s olive oil- obviously DON’T use
Pam’s for baking)
1) Cut tofu in 1/2 inch slices and place in wide, shallow bowl.
2) Combine marinade ingredients, and pour over tofu. Turn slices as
needed, and marinate in refrigerator for several hours or overnight
(up to 2 days).
3) Mix coating ingredients well.
4) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and mist a baking sheet with
nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
5) Remove each piece of tofu from the marinade one at a time, and
dredge in coating mix. Place each slice of tofu on baking sheet, and
mist tops with nonstick cooking spray.
6) Bake tofu until bottoms are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Turn
the slices over with a metal spatula and bake the other side. Serve
them warm or cool them and store for later reheating in oven.