Southern Fried Tofu
1 lb fat-reduced firm tofu, sliced horizontally in 3 slabs, and
pressed for 45 minutes.
Dipping Liquid Mix:
1 tbsp. Canola or olive oil (or more if needed)
1) Mix all seasoning ingredients (nutritional yeast-ground rosemary)
together in a bowl.
2) Combine milk and lemon juice and stir together
3) Place flour in a mixing bowl.
4) Cut each slab of tofu into 4 triangles, resulting in 12
5) Coat a big skilled with a layer of canola or olive oil, and heat
6) Place fried tofu on plate w/ paper towel or on rack. Left over
We usually serve them over mashed potatoes or rice, with a side
of sauteed green veggies (green beans or spinach). I loved these so
much we took nutritional yeast with us when we lived in Japan, and
made it a “comfort food meal” when we were feeling homesick.