- Book of Yum - http://www.bookofyum.com/blog -
Vegan 100 list
Posted By yum On September 11, 2008 @ 2:30 pm In About Me, Blog Event, Blog News, just for fun | 4 Comments
I found this over at Cheryl’s blog, Gluten-free Goodness . It’s a vegan 100 list and I thought it sounded like fun… Let’s see how it goes.
Here are the rules.
1) Copy this list into your own blog, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items youâ€™ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Post a comment here once youâ€™ve finished and link your post back to this one.
5) Pass it on!
1. Natto- hello, did I live in Japan. Don’t like it though. ;)
2. Green Smoothie
3. Tofu Scramble
4. (vegan version???)
6. Creme brulee- erm, non-vegan version
7. Fondue- both vegan and non-vegan versions
Marmite/Vegemitestill not clear if one is gf
10. Baba ghanoush
12. Authentic soba noodles (what is an example of inauthentic? Japanese versions include wheat along with the buckwheat, usually. I have used the exception to the rules..)
13. PB&J sandwich It was a stretch… but, yes
14. Aloo gobi
Taco from a street cart- sounds like there would be gluten in there somewhere
16. Boba Tea- gotcha, the tapioca pearl stuff. Yup, love it
17. Black truffle (if only white truffle oil counted)
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Gyoza- GF homemade, semi failure.
20. Vanilla ice cream – I’m walking on the wild side here!
21. Heirloom tomatoes- growing them now!
22. Fresh wild berries
24. Rice and beans – so exotic!
26. Raw scotch bonnet pepper i think. a tiny nibble.
27. Dulce de leche
28. Caviar- Yes! even a vegan version (i think)
29. Baklava - not yet. But i have a GF recipe
30. Pate- yum yum, vegan mushroom pate. Love it.
Wasabi peas they usually contain wheat.
32. Chowder in a sourdough bowl (only if Chebe counts)
33. Mango lassi love theseâ€¦
35. Root beer float
36. Mulled cider
37. (GF)Scones with buttery spread and jam
38. Vodka jelly not sure. but if i did, many years ago, it wasn’t vegan.
39. Gumbo Homemade, of course.
40. Fast food french fries In& Out, you are my friend.
41. Raw Brownies
42. Fresh Garbanzo Beans
44. Homemade Soymilk
45. Wine from a bottle worth Â£60/$120 or more-not unless someone loves me more than I know. I doubt it.
46. Stroopwafle? what?
48. Vegetable Sushi
49. Glazed doughnut
51. Prickly pear- can’t remember
53. Tofurkey - contains gluten, i think
54. Sheese- is this a brand name? if so, no. If general fake cheese, then yes.
55. Cotton candy
57. PiÃ±a colada
58. Birch beer
59. Scrapple i forget what this is. so no.
60. Carob chips
62. Soy curls?- not sure if they curled or not.
63 Chickpea cutlets- yum
66. Homemade (vegan) Sausages
67. Churros, elephant ears, or funnel cake- not yet.
68. Smoked tofu
69. Fried plantain
72. Warm chocolate chip cookies – has anyone not? really?
74. Corn on the cob
75. Whipped cream, straight from the can yes, but vegan versions were homemade
Fauxstess Cupcake- gluten, yes? NO
78. Mashed potatoes with vegan gravy love this
79. Jerky- not sure.
80. Croissants- not sure if they were vegan.
81. French onion soup
82. Savory crepes
83. Tings ? huh?
84. A meal at Candle 79
85. Moussaka- yes, but it wasn’t that tasty
86. Sprouted grains or seeds
87. Macaroni and â€œcheeseâ€
Matzoh ball soup-gluten, so no.
90. White chocolate – but not a big fan
Seitan- contains gluten. is gluten. Seitan is Evil, to quote the Celiac Chicks.
93. Butterscotch chips
94. Yellow watermelon
95. Chili with chocolate
96. GF Bagel and Tofutti
97. Potato milk
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee- on our honeymoon, baby
100. Raw cookie dough just last week! and yes, it was vegan!
Article printed from Book of Yum: http://www.bookofyum.com/blog
URL to article: http://www.bookofyum.com/blog/vegan-100-list-2229.html
URLs in this post:
 Gluten-free Goodness: http://www.gfgoodness.com/2008/09/09/hundred-list/
Copyright © 2010 Book of Yum. All rights reserved.